In 2015, Stiwdio Maelor started an annual competition, the aim of which is to enable an artist to win an opportunity to complete a residency at Maelor. Each year a different technique/medium is chosen. 2016’s winners were Barry Idris Jackson and John Gallas.
The two competitions for 2017 is: Multimedia for artists and Short Story for writers.
The prize for each award is a two week residency at Stiwdio Maelor with gift vouchers from local businesses (see below for a list of businesses who are supporting this award – more businesses are being added each week).
Email email@example.com for entry form or download: Entry Form 2017 multimedia
- Media: Multimedia
- Judge: Tabish Khan
- Prize: A two-week residency at Stiwdio Maelor in 2017 with gift vouchers. All other expenses (such as travelling to and from Maelor, food and entertainment) are the responsibility of the winner.
- Entry Fee: £10 per work. Payment can be by cheque (made out to Stiwdio Maelor) or via Paypal (using firstname.lastname@example.org). If you would like to pay into a UK or an Australian bank account, please contact Stiwdio Maelor. Entry fees are not refundable.
- The competition results will be published on the Stiwdio Maelor website.
- Closing Date: Works and the completed entry form should be submitted as an attachment directly to email@example.com by midnight Saturday, 15 July 2017.
- Announcement of the prize winner will take place in August.
- Awarding prizes is at the sole discretion of the judge and should the judge feel the submitted works are not of a standard to merit an award, such award will not be given.
- The date for the residency will be negotiated between the winner and Stiwdio Maelor and will take place in 2018, depending on availability. Once the dates for the residency are confirmed, the winner will not be able to change the dates.
More to be confirmed